Translate

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Chapter 3 seems pretty straight forward in describing the use of audio media. It shares many of the same benefits of video media despite being much easier to work with. Although visuals are important depending on the situation and already existing images, like on the layout of a blog, a video might not be needed. In this case audio of all forms can provide a nice touch. I can see how a podcast, due to the audio, would be quite useful in conjunction with a proper site layout. If getting information across is all that is needed it is much faster, from experience making the podcast, than making a video or presentation. I also agree that it is much easier to work with and produces files of smaller size. This adds to the ease of use for people with older computers or slow internet connections. I think it is also always good, since the benefit of personal interaction has been lost, to take advantage of all forms of communication if possible when working with digital material. Audio can convey emotions and tone that are lost on just text.

No comments:

Post a Comment