Translate

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Video as a tool for student learning

Video can be used in many ways to supplement a lesson or unit.

I feel there exist two most practical uses of video from what I had read and seen personally. doing a unit on something I have often seen videos, documentaries for example, shown to enhance knowledge. Since the videos are usually very well planned and designed there is a lot of information contained within them. Plus visual learning students get to see what is being talked about alongside the "lecture" they are essentially getting. It doesn't just have to be movies though, movies are long for one thing. I have seen shorter clips used to supplement as well my observing teacher played a short 5 minute video for her class detailing what was and wasn't plagiarism. When I asked her about it she said the video did a better job at explaining than she probably could have, so she used it.

Videos contain information. If a video can do a better job than just a lecture can they should be used accordingly. Especially if the video does a better job than you could.

No comments:

Post a Comment